Ephemera

Monday, May 22, 2006

Poop

The human body is amazing and mysterious. Every so often, I am startled by the volume of excreta I produce: snot, semen, poop, pee, sweat, saliva, ear wax. It's like my body is trying to set records in all areas.
But crap seems to be its specialty. Normally, I'm as steady as a clock. I have my morning dump, during which I usually scan the headlines of The Oregonian. In the afternoon, I usually shit while pondering some statement of Lao Tzu. (I have the Tao Te Ching on my Treo for this sort of thing.) I'm a twice a day crapper.
Saturday was a four crap day. I think yesterday was three. This morning, I was amazed to see that I had produced something much akin to Mt. Hood. I actually felt lighter, like maybe I'm actually under two hundred pounds now.
Where is this stuff coming from? Obviously, I know where the two craps a day come from. I'm wondering where all the extra poo comes from. As I've gotten older, I don't need to eat as much. I don't eat tons of salads or high bulk food. If my four crap days came after a big holiday like Thanksgiving or something, it would make sense.