Ephemera

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cretinizing Baguette

This is where life began, back in Geocities, in Yahoo. Too bad I never kept a copy of the first version in Geocities. What would have been even cooler is if I could put my hands on my very first concept for etail "Stupid Shit, CHEAP!"

Basically, I was going to have it be like Ebay, except there was no Ebay back then. The only difference would be that people would sell each other stupid stuff, cheap, just for the fuck of it... not because they were really trying to make serious money. I saw it as a Dadaist gesture.

I guess I underestimated people's desire to make money. Or I overestimated people's desire to make Dadaist expressions.

Yeah, probably both of those.

Anyway, Ebay seems to be a pretty good idea, if you're into that sort of thing.